Friday, May 28, 2010

Chocolate Cobbler

It has been a long time since you've seen me around here. My apologies. I really got out of the habit of being creative in the kitchen while I was struggling progressing through the first trimester and now, even though I am feeling LOADS better and finding myself with much more energy than before, I just haven't gotten my groove back. I have been cooking and baking - mostly everyday - but I have been sticking with a lot of my old, tried and true recipes that are already posted here - which doesn't give me a lot of new material. I do have a few recipes saved up that need to be posted so I am going to try to get some of them organized and ready to go this weekend. Check back next week!

A few weeks ago I, like many of you, saw and drooled over the Chocolate Cobbler recipe posted on Pioneer Woman's website. Over the next few days, I saw so many of my beeps, tweeps and feeps (that's my blogger peeps, twitter peeps and facebook peeps, FYI) posting and tweeting about this recipe that I knew I just had to have it. Immediately.

I was instructed by many that if I were to indulge in this decadent dessert, I must serve it with ice cream. Unfortunately, I hadn't received my free ice cream maker from CSN yet, so I rushed to the store to pick up some vanilla ice cream.

This recipe most certainly did not disappoint. And the best part - there are no eggs in the batter so you better believe that this pregnant mama was licking the bowls, the beaters, the spoon, her fingers -anything that had a hint of batter on it. I loveeeeeeeeeee eating raw batter and cookie dough, and I have missed being able to do so because of the raw eggs that is included in most of these things.

If you love chocolate and haven't tried this recipe - you must go make it. Now. And serve it warm with ice cream. Trust me.

Chocolate Cobbler - from Tasty Kitchen
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
7 T cocoa powder, Divided
1-¼ cup sugar, Divided
½ cups milk
⅓ cups melted mutter
1-½ tsp vanilla
½ cups Light Brown Sugar, Packed
1-½ cup Hot Tap Water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

First stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.

Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.

Pour the mixture into an ungreased pie plate.

In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup of white sugar, the brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa.

Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.

Pour the hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!

Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set.

Let stand for a few minutes and serve with ice cream.

Enjoy the ooey gooey deliciousness!

3 comments:

  1. that looks great!! and, yea for being able to lick the bowl :)

    It will be even better with homemade ice cream, I venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh!!!!! I need this now!! Gonna try this out tomorrow while Adam is at work! YUM YUM

    ReplyDelete