Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Apple Carrots

This recipe screams autumn, but I had some carrots and an apple that needed using up so I made it last week. It really is quite tasty and adds a little something different to your run of the mill carrots.

Apple Carrots - from Grandma K
6-8 large carrots, peeled and chopped
Water
1/2 tbsp butter
3/4 tbsp brown sugar
1-2 apples, peeled and chopped

1. Chop carrots into large chunks. Place in a deep frying pan and add water to cover them. Add butter and brown sugar. Cook on medium-high until carrots are tender and water is nearly absorbed.

2. Peel and chop apples roughly the same size as the carrots. Add to frying pan. Continue cooking until all water is absorbed and carrots and apples are slightly browned.


Enjoy as an accompaniment to any meal. It is especially delicious with steak or grilled chicken. Serves 4.

This recipe is being shared at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday and The Grocery Cart Challenge recipe swap.

6 comments:

  1. Yumm-o! We make these, and add a little cinnamon too -- it's almost like a dessert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! I've never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! My husband would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really tasty. I'll bet it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where have these been all my life??????

    I feel a batch of these coming on today!

    :)

    ReplyDelete