Monday, April 12, 2010

Waffles

I have been making waffles for many many a year. Tonight, while watching TV, I saw a family eating waffles for breakfast and I decided I must have one immediately. I shut off the tv, hurried into the kitchen and made a batch of waffles.

One hour after dinner.

Yup, I'm allowed.

While make them, I realized that I have never shared my recipe. How can it be?

So, here you have it ... my waffle recipe, that came from my Mumma.

Waffles - from Lucy's Mumma
4 eggs, separated
2 cups flour
3 T sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups milk

Beat egg whites until foamy.

Add remaining ingredients (including egg yolks), and mix until well combined.

Pour about 1/4 cup of batter at a time into waffle maker and cook until browned.

Top with your favorite toppings which can included, but are not limited to, maple syrup, peanut butter, jam, strawberries, powdered sugar, whipped cream, chocolate chips, nutella and so on ....

Makes 8-10 square waffles.

Waffles can be frozen for future use and popped into the toaster.

7 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! I enjoy chocolate chip waffles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brand and model of waffle iron do you have? I've always wanted to make waffles at home!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you bring your waffle maker when you come up in May?

    ReplyDelete
  4. we just got a waffle machine last night, so must try this out!! thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a great scone recipe for you check it out here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Worlds-Best-Scones-From-Scotland-to-the-Savoy-to-the-US/Detail.aspx
    I just made them and thought you'd love them!

    ReplyDelete