Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Pie

Peanut butter pie is one of my very favorite desserts. In fact, I have no idea how I've gotten this long without posting the recipe. It's one of my MIL's recipes that I have fallen in love with. And, actually, I'm not going to post the recipe today, either. What I am going to do is post the recipe for a variation of my MIL's recipe that my mom put together this weekend for my Grandpa's 74th birthday. It is sinfully rich and delicious. It is not for the faint hearted!

Peanut Butter Cup Pie
2 cups peanuts, crushed
2 T butter, melted
1 block light cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 T vanilla
1 tub fat free cool whip
12 Reese Peanut butter cups, chopped into small pieces

Mix together crushed peanuts and melted butter. Press together in a spring form pan.

Mix cream cheese, confectioner's sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir in cool whip and about 2/3 of the peanut butter cups.

Place filling over crust.

Top pie with remaining peanut butter cups.

Freeze for at least 3 hours until ready to serve.

Serves 10.

13 comments:

  1. girl -- you are making me wish I could eat peanut butter....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why must you do things like that to me? On a side note, peanut butter is probably really good for the baby...so eat up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby and son are gonna think they died and gone to Heaven. WOW!!! That looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. That is all I have to say! Oh my gosh this looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks divine!! I have bookmarked it and will give it a shot for my dad's birthday in a couple of weeks. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...that is freakin' amazing!! I can't wait to make this recipe.
    hmmm, Sobey's is open 24 hours, plus 30 minutes to make, plus 3 hours to chill....so, I'll be eating this at 1:30am! I think it'll be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks ... yeah. Too amazing for words. Thank goodness I have a Reece's peanut butter cup nearby, otherwise I'd be DYING right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so going to make this! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this tonight! So delish!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How delicious, Lucy! This pie looks absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made it...loved it....can't wait to have it again!! It's definitely on my short list. Especially considering Logi can eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow....this looks amazing!!!! I"m going to have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete