Friday, August 21, 2009

Southwestern Roasted Potato Salad

I was looking for something a little bit different than my normal potato salad to take with me to a potluck. At first, I was hoping to find a recipe that used something other than a creamy base but the fabulous dude was not very interested in that idea. I scoured through every single potato salad recipe on the Internet and in my plethora of cookbooks many potato salad recipes and came up with something new and fun to try. A great potluck dish! Sorry about the blurry photos ... not sure what the deal is with that.

Southwestern Roasted Potato Salad
12-15 medium potatoes (new potatoes would also be delicious)
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp basil
Salt
Pepper
4-5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayo
1/3 ranch dressing
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp chili powder
Salt
Pepper

1. Wash and cube potatoes. You can peel them if you like, but I didn't. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.

2. Cover and roast at 375 for 1-1.5 hours, until potatoes are cooked. Let cool. Meanwhile, cook bacon. Let cool and crumble. Chop green onions and shred cheese.

3. When potatoes are cooled, add bacon, green onions and cheese to the roast pan. Reserve a few green onions for garnish. Mix.

4. Mix together sour cream, mayo, ranch dressing, dijon mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes. Stir well. Garnish with remaining green onions. Refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving.

Makes 10-12 servings.

This recipe is being linked at the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...this looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of potato salad and that one sounds like an amazing take on the plain old thing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. What a fun change on the traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic... I really love roasted potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! But I love potato salad all around so I am easy to impress.

    ReplyDelete