Friday, October 9, 2009

Autumn Pork Chops

This recipe can certainly be adapted for as many people as you'd like. I cooked three chops so that we'd have enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day.

Autumn Pork Chops
3 boneless loin pork chops
1/2 onion, chopped
3 carrots, coarsely chopped
3-4 potatoes, chunked
1-2 apples, chopped
1/4 cup water
1 T apple cider vinegar
Salt
Pepper
(If I had mushrooms, parsnips or turnip I would have added that as well)

1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops 3-4 minutes on each side. As you can see in the photos, I got lazy and I didn't brown them. I strongly recommend browning them first. They took forever to cook. Place in glass baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.

2. Place potatoes, onions, carrots and apples on and around the chops. Mix water and cider vinegar and pour over dish.

3. Cover at bake at 350 for 1-1 1/1 hours until vegetables are soft and pork chops are cooked through. I think if you brown them first, it should take less time than this. Hopefully.

This recipe is being shared at the Grocery Cart Challenge recipe swap.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, this looks good! But it sure would have been messy if your dish exploded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. delicious. I've bookmarked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh, thank you!!! Totally have some chops in the freezer that I didn't know what I was going to do with. YUM!

    ReplyDelete