Monday, October 19, 2009

Crockpot Pork Roast

Thanks to SnoWhite (once again) for this recipe, we enjoyed the most delicious pork roast ever last night.

Crockpot Pork Roast - adapted from SnoWhite
2-3 lb pork roast
Salt
Pepper
4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3 T brown sugar
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup apple juice

1. Trim excess fat off roast. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 500. Cook for 20 minutes to seal juices.

2. Place peeled, cored, chopped apples in the bottom of a crockpot sprayed with cooking spray.

3. Place roast on top. Cover with sliced onions.

4. In a small bowl mix sugar, ginger, cinnamon, applesauce and juice. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low until an internal temperature of 170 is reached. SnoWhite's recipe said 8-10 hours but mine was cooked by 6 1/2 hours because I had a smaller roast.

I don't have any pictures of the final product because we had company over and I forgot to take photos along the way. Just believe me when I say it was one of the tastiest pork roasts I've ever had! Thanks SnoWhite!

Makes 4-5 servings.

This recipe is linked to Crock Pot Wednesday with Debbie.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmm this looks amazing! Plus, I love anything in the crock pot. So easy peasy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Love the addition of the onions.

    I ate up the leftovers with sweet potatoes. Oh, man. I think I'll throw them in with the roast next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so different and completely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I bought pork loins the other day and one will be used for this recipe. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of apples in this recipe. Apples and pork go GREAT!!! together. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy this was amazing! I really enjoy your blog and recipes. Here's my post on cooking up this wonderful tastey roast.
    http://muminbloom.blogspot.com/2010/01/recipe-pork-roast-with-apples-slow.html

    ReplyDelete