Friday, July 30, 2010

Freezer Breakfast Burritos

Breakfast burritos are something I would have thought to include on my freezer cooking list if I hadn't have seen the idea in Frozen Assets. I decided that they would be a great addition so that we have something on hand that is hearty, quick and easy for breakfasts after the baby arrives.

Freezer Breakfast Burritos
1 lb sausage, casings removed
12 eggs
1 yellow pepper, diced
3 green onions, chopped
3/4 cup chunky salsa
2 cups colby cheese, shredded
24 small flour tortillas

1. Crumble cook sausage until well cooked. Drain if necessary.

2. Meanwhile, beat together eggs with salt and pepper.


3. Scramble eggs, pepper and onion together in a large skillet.

4. Once eggs are cooked, stir in cooked sausage and salsa. Mix until well combined.

5. Heat tortillas for 25-30 seconds in the microwave.

6. Add 1/8 cup of filling to each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up.

7. Place filled burritos side by side on a large cookie sheet.

8. Flash freeze for 1.5-2 hours.

9. Wrap burritos individually in waxed paper. Place in large freezer bags. Label and freeze.

TO SERVE:
Take out desired number of burritos. Heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes or thaw burritos, wrap in foil and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Makes 2 dozen burritos (I actually had enough filling to make 26 but I just ate the last two for my own breakfast).

3 comments:

  1. Yum! But I do have one question. Did E get any of those eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a great idea! When I have a baby, can you please come and prepare several freezer meals for me? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete