A delicious twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie. Delicious served warm with a big bowl of ice cream!
Chocolate-y Bars - modified from BHG
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups "fillers" (any combo of chocolate chips, nuts, or candy pieces will work)**
**This time, I used a combination of chopped white chocolate, chopped dark chocolate, skor bits, and chocolate chips.
1. Cream together butter and shortening.
2. Add both sugars, eggs, vanilla and baking soda.
3. Add flour and mix on low until well combined.
4. Fold in fillers.
5. Spread mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet with edges.
6. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Let cool, cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 24 bars.