Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pumpkin Flax Bread

A little change from the ordinary...

Pumpkin Flax Bread
1 cup warm water
2 T oil
2 T honey
3/4 t salt
1.5 cup white flour
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup dry milk powder
1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
2 T ground flax seeds
2 tsp yeast

1. Place all ingredients in the bread maker. Select dough or whole wheat cycle (I've never tried baking it in the machine so don't blame me if it doesn't work).

2. When cycle is complete, turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead just enough to shape into a small loaf. Place in greased loaf pan. Cover and let rise for the length of time it takes for your oven to heat to 375. Bake for 25-40 minutes, until the top is golden and the loaf sounds hallow when tapped.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I officially need a breadmaker. This bread sounds so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum yum this sounds so good! I can't wait for fall so I can make it!

    ReplyDelete