Tuesday, December 8, 2009

White Chocolate Raspberry Bark - updated with pictures

This was originally posted for a recipe swap but now I have pictures so I decided to repost.

If you know me at all, you know how much I love love love the Christmas season and all it brings with it. I decided to let the fabulous dude decide which recipe I would share. So I asked him the question and let him fill in the blank. When I said "It wouldn't be Christmas if we didn't eat..." he said Chocolate Coated Almond Toffee and White Chocolate Raspberry Bark. Since I've already posted the Chocolate Coated Almond Toffee I decided to go with the Raspberry Bark.

Every year, I join together with my mom to do our holiday baking. As you might remember, I have an excellent reason for doing so. I like to put together tins of baking to give away to friends and family members as well as have enough sweet treats kicking around to help me gain 50 pounds enjoy. The recipes tend to stay the same from year to year but occasionally we try something new. The following recipe is one of our tried and true ones. It is very quick, simple and delicious.

White Chocolate Raspberry Bark - from Lucy and her Mumma
1 bag white chocolate chips (or you can use baker's squares)
1 tbsp Shortening
4 tbsp raspberry jam
Mint flavouring

1. Melt chocolate and shortening in a double boiler over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once smooth, add a few drops of mint flavouring (you can omit if you are not a fan of chocolate mint). Pour chocolate onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

2. Meanwhile, melt jam in a 1 cup measure for 30-45 seconds, or until runny. Pour jam over chocolate. Using a toothpick, drag jam to blend in with chocolate. Get creative here and make fun designs!

3. Refrigerate and cool for 5-6 hours, until chocolate is hardened. Break into small pieces and enjoy!

This recipe is being linked at the Ultimate Recipe Swap: Christmas in July Edition

5 comments:

  1. YUMMY!! and EASY!!! two of my favorite things in a recipe. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that looks fabulous. Chocolate and raspberries are two of my favorites, so I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great recipe! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I come for the dinner you made last night can I have some of this too? Hee Hee
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this last night for my co-workers and friends. The bark is absolutely delicious. The only drawback I saw was the stickiness. No matter how little jam I added, it was sticky. I think the taste will make up for any finger-lickin' the recipients may have to do.

    ReplyDelete