Roasted Vegetable Lasagna - modified from 9x13 The Pan that Can
10-12 oven ready lasagna noodles
2 medium zucchini cut into bite size pieces
3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 carton light cottage cheese
1 cup fresh spinach, torn
1 egg, beaten (I used egg substitute)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 jars pasta sauce
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat broiler to 500 degrees. In a large bowl combine veggies (except spinach). Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place in shallow roasting pan.
2. Broil for 6 minutes, stir and broil for 8 minutes more until vegetables are starting to get tender. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, egg, spinach and Parmesan cheese, set aside.
5. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Reduce oven to 350.
6. Spoon 1/3 of pasta sauce evenly into the dish. Cover with lasagna noodles. Top with half veggies, one third of sauce and one third of mozza cheese. Cover with lasagna noodles, all of the cottage cheese mixture and one third of the mozza cheese. Cover with noodles, the rest of the veggies and the rest of the sauce. Cover with mozza cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes until heated through.
Sorry, no photos. I was rushing to put this together Sunday morning before church to take to our life group potluck lunch but it was yummy!