Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Roasted Broccoli


I tend to get into a slump when it comes to side dishes and I do pretty boring things over and over again. Take broccoli, for example. Normally I just do a simple steam and serve. But, I have rediscovered the beauty of what a simple spice blend can do to jazz up a side dish. One of my favorite's is Clubhouse Lemon and Herb One Step Seasoning.

Roasted Broccoli
1 large head broccoli
EVOO
Salt
Pepper
Lemon and Herb One Step Seasoning (or your favorite spice blend)

1. Chop broccoli. Toss with olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking stone.

2. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and seasoning.

3. Roast at 375 for 15 minutes, stirring once after about 8 minutes. This cooking time will be enough to begin to crisp the broccoli but it will still be firm and slightly crunchy. If you want it to be softer, just cook a bit longer but keep stirring so the tops don't burn.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I made roasted broccoli like this last week, but included it instead in an early morning omelet for a post-run pick me up! Loved the taste and texture with sauteed onions, leftover glazed, spiral ham and cheddar cheese. It took the longest time ever to make the omelet [45 freggin' minutes!] but it was so worth it when all was finished. :)

    Thanks for leaving this little recipe!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete