Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

I was never really a fan of fruit in my salad until I was introduced to this salad by Aunt Linda. It is so fresh, so easy, and most importantly so delicious. I haven't specified amounts for the salad ingredients because that really depends on how much salad you are making. It can be adjusted for one serving or for a large bowl to serve to a group, just use your judgement.

Spring Salad
Spring mix greens
Bartlett pear
Strawberries
Pecan pieces *it is especially good with toasted, spiced or candied pecans.
Crumbled goat cheese


Place greens on a plate or in a salad serving bowl. Top with pear, strawberries, pecan pieces. Toss gently. Add crumbled goat cheese to the top. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette dressing (recipe below) and serve.

Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing - from Emeril
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a sealable jar and shake to combine. Use immediately or store in refrigerator for future use. Shake well before pouring. Makes one cup.


5 comments:

  1. I know a few people who'd like this! I'll have to try the dressing -- that sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had good success with vinaigrettes- I think it is because we are a ranch loving family- so nothing tastes quite right. But I would like to like vinaigrettes- so I keep trying. Good for you guys, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! This is one of my favorite types of salads. Love! Will have to try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you through Finding Joy in My Kitchen...this salad looks amazing! I can't wait to try it. I'm adding you to my google reader! Looking forward to looking through the rest of your site. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your blog when looking for an image for balsamic vinaigrette! I hope you don't mind if I used your photo with a link to your website. I too made Emeril's balsamic vinaigrette. It was yummy!

    Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. Thank you for sharing your story! It sounded like a beautiful experience!

    ReplyDelete