My friend Shaina and I like to talk about food. A lot. We talk about the food we are eating, the food we wish we were eating, and sometimes, the food we never want to eat again. So when I told her I wanted to make brownies as a treat for the premier of Lost, and she told me she had the best brownie recipe EVER, I didn't doubt her. Because my Shaina would not lie to me. Not about something as important as chocolate.
And I was right to believe her.
Because she was telling the truth.
These are the best brownies ever. So good, in fact, that the entire pan was polished off so quickly - not solely by me, I might add - that I did not manage to even snap a photo of the finished product.
So I introduce you to the best (and quite possibly, easiest) brownies ever.
Shaina's Best Brownies Ever
2 sq unsweetened baking chocolate (or 6 T unsweetened cocoa powder)
1/2 cup butter (plus 2 T if using cocoa powder instead of baking squares - you need the extra fat)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup unsifted flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Do not lick the spoon after this step. It won't taste good. I promise.
2. Remove from heat and blend in sugar. Do lick the spoon after this step. It will taste good. I promise.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients.
5. Grease an 8x8 pan - bake around 25-30 minutes at 325 degrees, sprinkling with chocolate chips after 10 minutes.
Enjoy the yummy deliciousness - thanks to Shaina!