Friday, July 31, 2009

Bruschetta


Bruschetta
2-3 medium tomatoes (Roma's are best)
1/2 onion
1/4 tsp sugar
3 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp lime juice

1. Finely chop tomatoes and onions. The key is to get them very fine.

2. Mix together tomatoes, onions, Italian seasoning and sugar. Set aside.

3. In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, garlic powder and lime juice.

4. Pour dressing over tomatoes and mix well.

5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving.

6. Cut a loaf of bread (try Parmesan focaccia) lengthwise. Lightly butter and sprinkle with garlic powder. Spread bruschetta topping over entire loaf. Put loaf under the broiler for 5 minutes, until the edges are brown. You can also serve the bruschetta topping cold over a nice crusty bread.

Remember, for this recipe, the ingredients can be adjusted according to your taste. Sometimes I add a little more lime juice or garlic, depending on the day.

This recipe makes enough to cover both sides of a loaf.

This recipe is being linked up at the Grocery Cart Challenge recipe swap and Friday Feasts.

6 comments:

  1. This looks delish, this is a recipe I will need to try soon. If you have the time come by and visit my blog. I have become a follow maybe you can do the same. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bruschetta...this looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really looks great. I hope you will join me at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesdays. The details for that and the Mister Linky are already posted. The first giveaway item has been announced and you can expect the additional ones over the next few days. The date of the first event is August 5. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like it would be so quick and easy.....but most of all delicious. I'm definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week I did sangria for recipe sharing. I hope you'll stop by my site and share this tasty post:

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/07/fridays-feasts-white-sangria.html

    ReplyDelete