Friday, June 19, 2009

Raspberry Peach Frozen Yogurt Pops

Raspberry Peach Frozen Yogurt Pops - modified from Kids Only Snacks cookbook
2 cups peaches - frozen or canned (I used frozen and I think it would be about the equivalent of one large can)**
1 1/3 cup juice from peaches
1 tbsp sugar
1 package raspberry gelatin
1 3/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla***

**I think you could use fresh peaches as well. If so, replace the amount of peach juice with water and add more sugar and cook the peaches slightly in order to mash them.

***OR use vanilla flavoured yogurt and omit the vanilla flavoring.

(Despite the fact that it says pineapple - it is actually peaches that I froze last fall)

1. Using a strainer, drain juice from peaches into a medium saucepan. Mash peaches with a potato masher or using a food processor if you would prefer a smoother consistency. I wanted to have chunks of peaches in the pops so I mashed by hand. Set aside.

2. Place saucepan with juice over medium heat. Add sugar and gelatin. Heat over medium heat until just beginning to boil. Remove from heat and stir until all sugar and gelatin is dissolved. Add mashed peaches to the hot juice.

3. Stir in yogurt and mix well until smooth.

4. Pour mixture into Popsicle molds. Freeze for at least 3 hours. Run molds under warm water to remove pops. Enjoy!

Makes 14 pops.

This recipe is being shared at Fight the Heat Friday and The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap.

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look really good! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do these look scrump-dilly-um-tious! I must try these. I hate the heat and these look perfect for beating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. major yummy! Can't wait to try them.

    Tina... I'm so glad you said "scrump-dilly-um-tious" I thought I was the only one who said that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks refreshing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious popsicles, could you send me a cople of them? thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete