I knew having a garden would pay off. And pay off, it did! These brownies are amazing and since they are full of zucchini, you would be doing your health a disservice NOT to eat them since they are so incredibly healthy. (This is what I tell myself so I can sleep at night). They are moist and very flavourful although a bit more cake-like than brownie-life. If you eat them by themselves, you can taste the zucchini a bit, but that didn't bother me at all.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup cocoa
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
2. Add beaten egg, applesauce, milk, vanilla and zucchini. Mix until smooth.
3. Add chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
4. Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan.
5. Bake at 350 for , until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve warm topped with cherry sauce and ice cream.
This post is being shared at the Grocery Cart Challenge recipe swap and Friday Feasts.