Sunday, March 1, 2009

White Chocolate Almond Toffee Blondies

...There's a whole lotta yumminess just in the name of these squares. I just made these last night to have for lunch today because we were having company. We served them warm and topped them with ice cream and other sundae toppings. Yum!.

This recipe originally came from my sister but I adapted it, because, well, that's what I do. You should know that by now. In fact, my sister probably adapted it from wherever she got it as well. This kind of runs in our family.

Just to warn you, this is about the farthest thing there is from a healthy recipe. But you know what, sometimes that's just what we need. So here it is...

White Chocolate Almond Toffee Blondies (aka Pure Yumminess)
3 oz white chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup toffee bits
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Line 8" pan with foil, leave an overhang for handles. (I use my medium bar pan. It is bigger than 8 inches, but they still work fine, just a little thinner). If using stoneware, there is no need to line with foil or grease.

2. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and let cool slightly. This time, I cheated and melted it in the microwave because I wanted to cut down on the dishes. It works either way but the double-boiler makes it a bit smoother.

3. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in chocolate.

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir butter into mixture. Fold in toffee bits, chocolate chips and nuts. Spread in pan. It should feel more like cookie dough than brownie batter.

5. Bake at 350 until toothpick comes out clean (25-30 min). Let cool in pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until chilled.

6. Cut into squares. Enjoy.

They are very yummy and very sweet. Just enough chocolate to satisfy in insane chocolate lover's need but not so much chocolate that an average person can't handle them. Head over to The Grocery Cart Challenge for more great recipes.

By the way, I had a few pictures of the blondies to share with you, but somehow they got lost in translation... I can't find them on my computer and I already deleted them off my camera. And, well, let's face it, they're long gone by now so I can't take another photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment