Friday, May 22, 2009

Greek Feta Burgers

Greek Feta Burgers
1 lb ground meat (ideally, lamb, but some of us are too cheap. Not mentioning any names.)
1/8 cup chopped, fresh dill
1/8 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/8 cup olives, finely chopped
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 tsp garlic powder

1. Place all ingredients in a bowl. Incorporate fillings into meat by mixing with your hands.

2. Once mixed, shape meat mixture into patties. Place on a plate, cover and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerating overnight will help the burgers stay together better.

3. Send your husband outside to the BBQ with the burgers and let him do the rest (remember #30 on my bucket list?).

Serve in pita pocket buns with tzaztiki sauce, olives, feta cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, red onion and whatever toppings you might like. FD was able to use his pita as an actual pocket (as seen in the bottom picture). Caley and I just used one pita as the top bun and one pita as the bottom bun.


P.S. Can you tell I'm glad to be back in my kitchen?

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh, these look wonderful. I truly can almost smell them :)

    ReplyDelete