Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fruit Smoothies

As you know, fruit smoothies are on my menu plan almost every week for breakfast. I love me my smoothies. They are one of the few things I can enjoy for breakfast that keeps my tummy full until lunch time. I know everyone who makes smoothies probably makes them a little differently, but I thought I'd share how I like to make them. Sorry about the pictures, my camera was not on my side today.

Fruit Smoothies
1/2-1 cup of milk (I use 1%)
100 g yogurt (this is one individual carton. If I have a large carton I just do a few heaping spoonfuls)
1-2 tsp ground flax seed
1 cup fruit**

1. Place all ingredients in 4 cup glass measuring cup. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Enjoy!

Some people also use juice in place of (or in addition to the milk). I don't usually have juice in the house so I omit it. Also, some people put ice in it to make it more slushy like. I prefer mine without.

** My favorite fruit combos are: Banana and strawberry, blackberry and banana, strawberry and pineapple, strawberry and cantaloupe and banana and peach.

What are your favorite smoothie combination?

3 comments:

  1. cherry lime :)

    but I also enjoy raspberry lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like smoothies too. But I always make a mess- and as you may already know- my blender doesn't love me. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I tried these...... Delicious! Thanks, they are a new favorite of mine. I tried using a mixer and it just does not work for me.... Next I'll try the blender. I had a mixed berry one the other night after dinner and a strawberry banana one for breakfast tonight. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete