Friday, June 5, 2009

Choco Peanut Butter Dream


This recipe is being added to the Fight the Heat Friday carnival. When I was a little girl, I got a recipe book called "Kid's Only Snacks". There were many great recipes in this book that were easy enough for me to put together on my own when I was a kid. They are simple and delicious. One of my favorites from this book is a summer ice creamish recipe that I have always loved. They are a glorified ice cream sandwich and are perfect for a BBQ, pool party or just a warm day that needs cooling off!

Choco Peanut Butter Dream
1 envelope dessert topping (such as dream whip)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup milk
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 package chocolate wafers (there should be about 48)

1. Combine whipped topping and 1/2 cup milk together in a bowl. Beat on high speed until thick.

2. Add the peanut butter. Beat on low speed until mixed.

3. Add 1 cup milk and the pudding powder. Beat on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 2 minutes.

4. Place half of the wafers on an ungreased baking sheet. Put a spoonful of the choco- peanut butter mixture on each wafer. Top with the remaining wafers. Freeze, uncovered, for 3 hours. Put in a covered container to store.

Makes 24.

Sorry I don't have a photo, I haven't made them recently. I'll be sure to update this post next time I make them.

3 comments: