Harvest Grain Bread - modified from America's Best Bread Machine Baking Recipes
Recipe is for a 2 lb loaf
1 1/3 cups water
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup dry milk powder
1/3 cup flax seeds, whole*
1/4 cup sesame seeds*
2 tbsp ground flax seeds*
1 3/4 tsp yeast
* Use any combination of seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds etc) but keep the overall amount the same.
1. Measure all ingredients into bread pan. Select Whole Wheat Cycle or Dough Cycle.
2. If selecting dough cycle, turn out onto lightly floured surface when complete. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Gently knead and shape. Place in greased loaf pan.
4. Cover and let rise 20 minutes, or until dough crests the top of the pan.
5. Bake at 375 for 25-45 minutes, until top is brown and sounds hallow when tapped.