Nothing screams autumn like a fresh apple pie. This is the recipe that was passed down to me from my mother that I have used to make many an apple pie.
Mumma's Apple Pie - makes one double crust pie (I doubled the recipe in the photos below)
1/3 recipe homemade pastry
5-8 tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4-5 cups)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
2 T flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 T butter
1. Peel and slice apples into a large bowl.
2. Cover with sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix well. You can also mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl and then sprinkle over the apples.
3. Spread apples into an unbaked crust.
4. Cover with second crust. Seal edges and cut away remaining dough. Cut air holes into the top crust.
5. Bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes until crust is golden and apples are bubbly.
6. And, of course, don't forget the most important step - make pie crust cookies with the leftover pastry!