Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blueberry Muffins

I am doing a lot of extra baking this week because we are heading up north next weekend for my family reunion. This recipe is adapted from the recipe that my Mom always made while I was growing up.

Blueberry Muffins
1 3/4 cup flour (I use 1 cup all purpose, 3/4 cup whole wheat)
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk (I would normally use water and 1/4 cup dry milk powder but I have real milk that needs to be used up before we go away)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg (or equivalent of one egg if using egg substitute)
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, washed and stemmed

1. Stir flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together.


2. Add berries. Stir until coated.

3. In another bowl, combine egg, milk and butter until smooth.

4. Stir into flour until just moistened. Do not over mix.

5. Pour into greased muffin tins and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. yum. seriously -- blueberries are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that doesn't sound that much more difficult. normally i just use the mix you buy at the store.

    ReplyDelete