Monday, November 23, 2009

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chip Cookies

If you read my personal blog, you may know that I am a lunatic put up my Christmas decorations and tree this weekend. Among those decorations is this sweet little snowman cookie jar that I got from my MIL for Christmas last year.

I love him because he has two compartments - one on the top in his hat and one on the bottom in his head. That means I can make TWO kinds of cookies!

I didn't want him to get lonely, so I thought I better make some cookies to fill him with.

I couldn't decide if I wanted chocolate chip, oatmeal or peanut butter cookies so I decided to go with all three

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Cream together butter and sugar.

2. Add egg, vanilla and peanut butter and mix.

3. Add oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.

5. Shape into small balls and arrange on cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 4-5 minutes on cookie sheet before transfering to wire cooling rack.

Makes 2 1/2-3 dozen cookies.

It's not going to be long until my sweet snowman is all empty and sad again so I'm sure I'll need to make some more cookies in the very near future.

2 comments:

  1. Oatmeal, gooood! Peanut butter....goood!! What's not to like! I'm definitely trying these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum!!! mouth is watering now, lol!

    ReplyDelete