Seedy Cheese Biscuits - modified from Kids Only Snacks
2 cups biscuit mix (or make your own ... which I will be doing from now on since I used up the last of the store bought)
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2-2/3 cup cold water
1 tsp olive oil, optional
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds (or any other combination of 'seeds' totaling 3 tbsp)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine biscuit mix, cheese and garlic powder. Mix.
2. Add the water. Stir until just mixed. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Place dough onto floured surface. Knead the dough with your hands approximately 10 times, adding more biscuit mix or flour, if necessary. Roll the dough into an
4. Lightly drizzle oil over dough and use a pastry brush to spread over the entire square. I think this step is unnecessary but do what you will.
5. Sprinkle sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and flax seeds on dough.
6. Roll the dough like a jelly roll.
7. Slice into 12 slices. Lay flat on baking stone.
8. Bake at 400 for 15-25 minutes until lightly browned.