In preparation for a visit from Little H this weekend, I decided to make some snacks. I used SnoWhite's base recipe for whole wheat crackers and added some spices to it. These are super easy and yummy with soup, cheese, or just on their own.
Italian Herb Crackers - adapted from SnoWhite
1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C white wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
2 T butter, melted/softened
2/3 C milk
Salt for sprinkling
1. Mix together flours, salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
2. Add butter and milk.
3. Knead gently for 2-3 minutes until dough forms together like this...
4. Remove from bowl and incorporate any dough that did not mix in.
5. Break dough into two pieces and roll out as thin as possible.
6. Transfer to a baking stone and cut using a pizza cutter. Clearly, mine are not nearly as nicely shaped as SnoWhite's!
7. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, until browned and crispy.