Saturday, August 15, 2009

Chocolate Buttermilk Frosting

Earlier today, I made SnoWhite's Chocolate Chip Zucchini cake to take to a potluck we're going to this evening. No need for me to post the recipe because I did it exactly the way she suggested. Are you beginning to think that I spend my days browsing her recipes and plan my life around them? Well, I do.

I decided since I was taking to the potluck, I'd go the extra mile and make some icing to go on top because, you know me, I'm all about compromising other people's health rather than my own. :D

This frosting is so yummy. I almost didn't have enough to ice the cake because I kept eating it. Okay, so I guess my plan to compromise everyone else's health but my own failed. I ate a lot of icing today.

Chocolate Buttermilk Frosting
1/4 cup butter
3 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp buttermilk**
2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

1. Place butter, cocoa powder and buttermilk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often. When mixture boils, remove from heat.

2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until well combined and smooth.

3. Spread warm icing over your cake. Or don't. You can just eat it if you want.

Enjoy!

**Make your own buttermilk: Add 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice to one cup of milk. Let sit for 10 minutes.

This recipe is being shared at tempt my tummy tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. yum - girl! that looks amazing. hope the cake was a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    I keep trying to make it over here and never do. Just wanted to let you know that I stopped by. I'm off to explore.

    XO*Tricia

    P.S. I'm on the swap e-mail today. Sorry. I'm a little slow about motivating myself sometimes. Today. Promise. Pinky swear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds yummy. I just posted a zucchini recipe, too, but yours has CHOCOLATE!! Oh yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy! Thank you for this recipe. Its now part of my Banana Chocolate Cupcakes. soooooo yummy. I use about 1/4 total on the cupcakes, the rest I just dip ginger snaps or fruit in it and eat it! Anyhow, we've never met, I just googled Chocolate Buttermilk Frosting (as I had a boat load of buttermilk left after I made the cupcakes. LOL

    ReplyDelete