Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sunflower and Flax Bread

Before I started making my own bread, I used to love to buy Country Harvest Bread. So, over the past year, I have worked to try to find replacements for my favorite types. This is one of them.

Sunflower and Flax Bread
1 cup warm water
2 T oil
2 T honey
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup white flour
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup dry milk powder
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
2 T ground flax seeds
2 1/4 tsp yeast

1. Place all ingredients in bread pan in the order listed. Select dough cycle.

2. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, gently knead, form, and place in greased loaf pan.

3. Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes, until just cresting the edge of the pan.

4. Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 until loaf sounds hallow when tapped.

Makes one loaf.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy,

    I only know a couple online sources for ground flax seed. Where do you find yours?

    Lots of fun reading your blog!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so hearty and wonderful. Definitely bookmarking it.

    ReplyDelete