We love eating out, but oftentimes the budget does not allow it. Besides, I've been realizing more and more that I can re-create restaurant style meals at home for a much lower cost. Here is one of our favourites.
2-3 tsp minced garlic (I love garlic but feel free to reduce the amount if you're not a fan)
10-15 raw shrimp, peeled and deviened
3 green onions, finely chopped
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 small tomato, very finely diced
400 g fettuccine
1 cup alfredo sauce
1. Heat olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, boil salted water for pasta.
2. Add shrimp. Cook until pink, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water cook according to directions.
3. Add mushrooms and onions to the pan and cook until soft, adding more oil if needed.
4. Return shrimp to pan and keep on low heat. Add tomatoes.
5. When pasta is cooked, drain water and return to pot. Stir in alfredo sauce.
6. When sauce is heated, add shrimp mixture to the pasta. Stir to combine.
Serves 2 with some leftovers.
This dish is excellent paired with homemade bruschetta.