Monday, March 1, 2010

Red Pepper Relish Roast

A long long while ago, SnoWhite posted this recipe on her blog. As I am well stocked with red pepper relish, I thought I'd give it a try. It had been on my to make list for quite some time, so the other day when I needed a quick, crock pot meal, it was a great time to try it. I changed it up a bit, according to what I had.

Red Pepper Relish Roast
3-4 lb roast (I used a venison roast - but it would be best with pork, I think)
Salt
Pepper
1 red onion, chopped
1/2 pint red pepper relish
1/4 pint Thai sauce (or any kind of hot sauce - I used half a jar of a Thai sauce I tried making in the fall. I didn't post the recipe because I wasn't happy with the result, but it worked fine in this recipe)

Place roast in crock pot. Cover with onions. Season with salt and pepper.

Mix red pepper relish and thai sauce together in a small bowl.


Pour over roast.

Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Shred meat and serve.

Serve with rice or potatoes and pour the remaining sauce over (be careful - it will be a bit spicy because of the Thai sauce!)

Makes 4 servings.

3 comments:

  1. yummy! looks like a tasty dish - perfect for a Sunday evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this makes my mouth water!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a version of this and it is sooo good!! Ooh yummy venison roast!

    ReplyDelete