Thursday, July 9, 2009

Crustless Quiche


Since I am going to be away for a week starting tomorrow, I needed to be sure to use up the remaining produce in the fridge. As well, I brought in the very first harvest of homegrown produce of the season from the garden.

Western Omelets were on the menu so I stuck with the egg and cheese theme and ended up with a crustless quiche full of veggies.

Crustless Quiche
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
2 cups broccoli, chopped finely
1 cup pepper (I used a mix of red, green and yellow)
1 cup each zucchini and summer squash, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp EVOO
Salt
Pepper
1 cup cook ham, chopped
9-12 eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups cheese (I used 1 c cheddar and 1 c mozzarella)
Sliced tomato, optional

1. Chop all veggies and toss together in a bowl.

2. In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic. Add veggies and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender but not soft.

3. Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in ham, cooked veggies and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.

4. Spray a 9x13 baking dish. Pour egg mixture into dish. Layer sliced tomatoes over the top, if desired. I put them on half because hubby likes cooked tomatoes and I don't. Sprinkle remaining cheese over entire dish.

5. Cover with foil, bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Uncover for the last 10 minutes to crisp up the cheese a bit. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.


Serves 12.

This recipe is being shared at Tasty Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a great meal! We like half and half tomatoes too :)

    i'm sad that you're going away when i just got back... i'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make crust less quiche all the time! I just posted a quiche recipe today too. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good - I like the variety of veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your recipes, particularly this quiche.

    ReplyDelete