Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Buttery Bread Machine Rolls

This recipe is one that I noticed Gayle uses a lot in her weekly menu planning. When I started my bread making bonanza, I decided to give them a try. Yum, yum. I have tried a number of variations on them and have finally come up with what I think I like the best.

Buttery Bread Machine Rolls modified from Jean
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup dry skim milk powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour **I have tried a few different combos of flour - all whole wheat, all all-purpose and 2 cups of each. This seems to work best.
2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast

1. Whisk together water and milk powder. Add to bread pan. Add all other ingredients in order suggested by your manufacturer (I put it in in the order listed above). Select dough setting.

2. When complete, turn out onto lightly floured surface. Break dough into 6 equal pieces. Break each of these pieces into quarters, leaving you with 24 pieces.

3. Roll into balls and place in greased 9x13 baking sheet.

4. Cover and let rise for 15-25 minutes. Bake at 350-375 for 15-20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. these look awesome. did you butter them or do an egg wash to make them come out shiny? whenever i make rolls they come out too flour-y....

    ReplyDelete