This recipe is quite similar to my sesame and flax flat bread recipe. In fact, I basically just cut it in half and cut it into the shape of crackers. However, I thought I'd share it so you can see how easy it is to make your own crackers. I made this last week because I knew we'd be making roasted tomatoes, salsa and red pepper relish. I needed something to put all of those good things on!
Sesame and Flax Crackers
3/4 (plus some) water
1/8 cup milk powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup all purpose or bread flour
3/4 (plus some) whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp yeast
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1. Place all ingredients in bread pan. Select dough cycle.
2. When cycle is complete, turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
3. Split dough into to equal sections. One at a time, roll the sections as thinly as possible.
4. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into desired shapes/sizes. Place on baking stone. (If your baking stone is the right size - you may want to move the entire sheet of dough onto and it cut it on there - it will make it easier for you).
5. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until brown and crispy.
They turned out really good. Some are crunchier than others. Some are kind of chewy, but still tasty! Next time I will try passing the dough through my pasta maker to get it even thinner.