Thursday, September 10, 2009

Baked Plums with Honey


I got a yummy dessert cookbook for my birthday from M&L and I was looking through it the other night and found a recipe that I decided to try. The original recipe was for apricots but I still have loads of plums to use up so I switched it up.

Baked Plums with Honey - modified from Perfect Desserts
8-10 plums, halved and pitted
1.5 T ground almonds
2-3 T honey
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Vanilla ice cream, optional
Granola, optional

1. Arrange plum halves in a single layer in a greased 8x8 baking pan, cut side up.

2. Sprinkle with almonds, honey and nutmeg. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes until the plums are tender and brown. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with ice cream and/or granola.

This was a really tasty and simple dessert. I don't think I would have liked it without the ice cream though, because it wouldn't have been sweet enough. The original recipe called for slivered almonds and I didn't have any so I used up some ground almonds. I don't think that they did anything for the taste. Next time, I think I'll skip the almonds all together and sprinkle the plums with some brown sugar.

2 comments:

  1. yummy! I'll skip the almonds too and try it with nectarines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joys of fall harvest. Baking fruit for dessert is awesome.

    ReplyDelete