This started out as teriyaki shrimp and broccoli but turned into a mixed vegetable stir fry because I had a much I needed to use up. In the end, I think I would have preferred it to just be onion, broccoli, mushrooms and zucchini. The sprouts kind of took over. I put too many in because I had a big bag and I know they won't last very long. Next time, I will forgo them all together.
Teriyaki Shrimp Broccoli
~20-25 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1-2 heads broccoli
8 oz mushrooms, halved
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 bag bean sprouts
1/4 bottle teriyaki marinade (I used PC 5-spice marinade)
1. Place shrimp in a bowl, cover with teriyaki sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare veggies.
2. Heat oil in wok. Cook shrimp 4-5 minutes until pink. Set aside.
3. Cook onions and garlic until soft. Add remaining veggies, except bean sprouts, and cook until crisp tender. I like my broccoli really crispy. If you like it softer, you may want to steam it a bit first.
4. Add beans sprouts and another shot of teriyaki marinade, if desired.
5. Return shrimp to wok and heat through.
6. Serve over brown rice.
Makes 4 servings.