Thursday, October 8, 2009

Teryaki Shrimp and Broccoli

This started out as teriyaki shrimp and broccoli but turned into a mixed vegetable stir fry because I had a much I needed to use up. In the end, I think I would have preferred it to just be onion, broccoli, mushrooms and zucchini. The sprouts kind of took over. I put too many in because I had a big bag and I know they won't last very long. Next time, I will forgo them all together.

Teriyaki Shrimp Broccoli
EVOO
~20-25 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1-2 heads broccoli
8 oz mushrooms, halved
1 zucchini, chopped
1/2 bag bean sprouts
1/4 bottle teriyaki marinade (I used PC 5-spice marinade)
Brown Rice

1. Place shrimp in a bowl, cover with teriyaki sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare veggies.

2. Heat oil in wok. Cook shrimp 4-5 minutes until pink. Set aside.

3. Cook onions and garlic until soft. Add remaining veggies, except bean sprouts, and cook until crisp tender. I like my broccoli really crispy. If you like it softer, you may want to steam it a bit first.

4. Add beans sprouts and another shot of teriyaki marinade, if desired.

5. Return shrimp to wok and heat through.

6. Serve over brown rice.

Makes 4 servings.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm yummy! You know how I feel about shrimp. And I like my broccoli super crisp, too! So does Matt. I like bean sprouts in asian stuff, but never buy them because they go bad so quickly. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! See. Now I'm hungry again.

    XO*T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum yum! I could eat that everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is a wonderful recipe. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete