Friday, October 16, 2009

Tex-Mex Cornbread

There are some convenience foods that I just will not give up. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix is one of them. Sure, I love homemade corn bread but I also love having the box of mix in the cupboard for an easy-go-to. It is also so cheap! We can't get it in Canada but I always pick up a few boxes when I'm in the states. A while back, I got an idea from Elizabeth to spice up the mix a bit.

Tex-Mex Cornbread
1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheese

1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until combined but still lumpy. Let rest for 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile, grease an 8x8 baking dish.

2. Stir batter once more and pour into prepared baking dish. Bake at 400 for 18-22 minutes. Serve crumbled over chili.

Makes 9 servings. This recipe is being shared at the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, girlie!

    Oh, I love cornbread. Hey, have you ever been stopped at customs and forced to explain your caravan of "Jiffy Corn Bread Mix"?! ;)

    XO*T

    ReplyDelete