Parmesan Focaccia - modified from America's Best Bread Machine Baking Recipes
1 1/3 cups warm water
Just over 1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 cups all purpose flour (or bread flour)
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 1/2 tsp yeast
Preheat oven to 375.
1. Add all ingredients into your bread maker in the order listed. Remember, resist the urge to add more garlic and ensure that the garlic and yeast are not touching the pan. Garlic is an inhibitor to yeast.
2. Select dough cycle. When complete, turn dough out onto floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
3. Divide dough in half. Stretch each half into a rectangle. Coat your finger-tips with flour and press dimples into the dough.
4. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Repeat dimples.
5. Bake on the lowest rack in your oven for 20-30 minutes until golden.
Top with bruschetta topping.