Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pie Crust Cookies

Growing up, I always remember looking forward to pie crust cookies anytime my mom was making pies. I have carried on the tradition by making these with my leftover pastry anytime I make pie. I hope that it's a tradition I will pass down to my children someday.

Pie Crust Cookies
Leftover pastry
Butter
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon

1. Roll out remaining pastry. Spread with butter. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon all over.

2. Roll pastry and tuck in ends.

3. Cut roll into 1 inch thick cookies.

5. Place on baking stone and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Enjoy while warm.

8 comments:

  1. great! we used to leave them flat and top them with cinnamon and sugar -- and I too looked forward to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- what a good idea! I never knew what to do with the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap...pie crust cookies! How have I never seen these before? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are what we used to call rainy day treats. A memory growing up which I now carry out on rainy days for my family. You can also add coconut and/or walnuts and pecans. "Tot tot looks like rain" Yeh rainy days are the greastest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinnamon sugar, chopped walnuts or pecans, and mini chocolate chips. Yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. - re-livin my childhood! going to make some 2day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother used to roll out leftover pie crust dough, cut large round circles, dot them with butter and sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar. Then she folded them over and crimped the edges and made tarts out of them. I like your version too though. Much easier and just as delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my husband's mom called them "cinnamons"...he's been begging for some...now I know how to do it..thanks!

    ReplyDelete