Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blueberry Bran Muffins

These muffins made regular appearances in our home growing up and now, I hope they will start to make regular appearances in my home. They are delicious and packed full of goodness! I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand to make these muffins, so they don't take much fore thought. If I don't have blueberries, I would add raisins, cherries or nuts.

Blueberry Bran Muffins
- from Mumma
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 T molasses
1 cup bran
1 cup wholewheat flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 heaping cup frozen blueberries**

**you can substitute a combination of fruit, raisins and/or nuts if desired.

Combine milk and soda and set aside (make sure the soda dissolves)

Cream butter and sugar thoroughly.

Add eggs and beat well.


Add milk and soda.


Stir in molasses and bran.

Stir in flour and salt. Do not over mix.

Fold in blueberries.

Scoop into 12 greased or lined muffin tins.

Bake @ 375 for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Makes one dozen muffins.

This recipe is being linked at The Ultimate Recipe Swap and The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap.

5 comments:

  1. awesome! what delicious looking muffins.

    are those silicone wrappers?! how do you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! I will definitely be trying them. And the fiber is a definite plus...I'm getting old aren't I...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the view of the Kitchenaid Mixer...fabulous...I am, well, JEALOUS!!! The muffins also look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those silicone muffin liners? How cute! Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete