Monday, February 8, 2010

Angel Hair Shrimp and Feta

You know we love pasta around here. And shrimp. And capers. And mushrooms. I shouldn't have to explain myself anymore. This was an impromptu meal - I had planned to make shrimp and feta crepes, but I was too lazy tired after getting home from school so I just threw this together instead. It might look fancy but it only took about 15 minutes, start to finish.

Shrimp and Feta Angel Hair Pasta
EVOO
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt
Pepper
1 heaping tablespoon capers
1-2 cups roasted tomatoes *if you don't want to make these first - you can use regular cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes and add more spices. But trust me, it's worth it to make these. I had them in the freezer.
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup feta, crumbled
300 grams angel hair pasta

Heat EVOO in a frying pan and cook shrimp until pink. Remove from pan and set aside. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to instructions on package, drain and return to pot.

Add more oil to pan, if needed. Brown mushrooms.

Season with salt and pepper once browned. Add capers and cook 2-3 minutes.

Add tomatoes and white wine. Boil 4-5 minutes, until tomatoes are heated through.

Return shrimp to the pan and toss to coat.

Pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Add the crumbled feta and stir until cheese is just starting to melt.

Makes 4 servings.

3 comments:

  1. this looks tasty, even though shrimp would not be my first choice. I'm passing it on to my sister... she loves shrimp, and, of course, mushrooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard the word capers and knew that I would love it! I could eat capers by themselves out of the jar. Yes, I know that I am not normal.

    ReplyDelete