One of my favourite restaurants has a delicious crab and cream cheese dumping appetizer. WA while back, I remember The First Year Wife, mentioning that her husband makes cream cheese dumplings. I asked her for the directions and she told me what he does. So, I went by her instructions and modified the filling a bit for a yummy Christmas eve appetizer.
Lobster and Cream Cheese Dumplings
1 can frozen lobster meat, thawed and drained (you can also use crab)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2-3 green onions, or chives, finely chopped
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 package large egg roll wrappers
2 eggs, beaten
1. Mix all ingredients, except egg roll wrappers, in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Remove egg roll wrappers from the package. One at a time, dip egg roll wrappers into the beaten egg mixture to coat.
3. Lay flat on a cookie sheet. Scoop a heaping spoonful of filling on wrapper.
4. Fold up to close. Repeat until all filling is used.
5. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, until browned. Then, turn on the broiler and broil for 2 minutes to crisp them up.** You can also deep fry these, if you'd like. If so, don't bother with the egg wash.
Serve with sweet and spicy thai sauce for dipping.
Makes 12 dumplings.