Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Simple Sauteed Green Beans

Having beans in my garden is one of my favourite crops. However, as the season goes on, I find myself getting tired of eating the same thing over and over again. Generally, when beans start ripening, we eat them steamed. They are so crispy and delicious straight from the garden. After a few weeks, I find myself wanting something a little bit different. This week we're having green beans cooked two different ways. Both recipes are very simple yet add a little something extra.

Simple Sauteed Green Beans
A handful of beans, trimmed
Olive oil
Minced garlic
Onion, thinly sliced, if desired
Slivered almonds
Vegetable Seasoning

1. Heat olive oil and garlic in a large frying pan. Add beans and onions and sautee until crisp tender. Add almonds and stir until they are toasty. Season with vegetable seasoning and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! Now that looks delicious!!!!

    Do you can green beans? I can't remember if I have seen you talk about that or not.

    ReplyDelete