Monday, November 30, 2009

Great Grandma Emma's Baked Beans

Last week on my menu plan, I asked if anyone had a great baked bean recipe to pass along to me. Thankfully, my sweet friend, Jenn came through for me and passed along her Great Grandma's recipe. This is an easy and delicious way to fix baked beans. Thanks Jenn and Great Grandma Emma!

Great Grandma Emma's Baked Beans - from Jenn at Jeans' Friday
2 large onions
3 cans of pork & beans
1/2-3/4 bottle of ketchup
2 - 3 T brown sugar
1 tsp yellow mustard
4-5 strips of bacon, chopped
2 drops liquid smoke

1. Brown onions in a skillet until soft.

2. Mix together all ingredients and transfer to a glass baking dish. Bake at 350ยบ for 45 minutes. Enjoy!


Makes 8-10 servings.

2 comments:

  1. Baked beans a family favorite.
    geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I saw that Jenn had sent you her recipe and I was really hoping that you'd post it. I love homemade baked beans more than anything but have never actually made them myself! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete