Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Peach Raspberry Crisp

This week's Food Network Cooking Chef's Challenge is Anne Burrell. I found a great recipe for peach crisp to make to use up the last of our peaches. However, I changed it around quite a bit so I'm not sure it still counts as being her crisp.

Peach Raspberry Crisp - adapted from Anne Burrel
Filling:
5 large peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped (about 4 cups)
2 T lemon juice
3 T unbleached white flour
1/4 cup tightly packed brown sugar
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup raspberries
Pinch salt
Topping:
1 1/4 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup butter
Pinch salt
1-2 T cold water

1. For the filling: Toss the peaches in a large bowl with the lemon juice. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Place in a greased 9x13 (or 6 individual ramekins, as the original recipe suggests).

2. For the topping: Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor except the water. Pulse until combined, this will take about 30 seconds. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture is clumpy but crumbly.

3. Top peaches with the topping. Be sure to loosely sprinkle the topping and not pack it down. The idea is to look very crumbly and craggy.

4. Bake at 250 for 30-40 minutes, or until the filling is hot and bubbly and the topping, brown and crispy. Serve warm over vanilla ice cream.

Makes 12 servings.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome, my friend. That looks divine.

    By the way... did you get your camera all fixed? I haven't seen the "frosting" on your photos lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious I love the addition of the raspberries, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Peaches and raspberries are great but anything is a "crisp" is even better! Thanks for cooking with FNCCC. Enjoy the rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good gracious!! You're killing me. I agree with Sarah, btw. It could be most anything, but add the word "crisp" to something, and I definitely want to eat it. ;)

    XO*T

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good! I wouldn't think to pair raspberries with peaches, but now I can't get it out of my head *L*

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY!!! peaches and raspberries. THANKS!!! for the recipe. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like to bake, but a crisp sure seems like it is doable, for a baked good. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great, I LOVE peach desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so yummy! I need to start cooking again- I miss it. Organize yourself Taryn!

    ReplyDelete