Sunday, September 20, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza

I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of this pizza because it was gorgeous. I debated whether or not to even share the recipe because of the lack of photo but I decided to anyway because I don't want to forget it.

BBQ Chicken Pizza
1/2 recipe of bread machine herbed pizza crust
1/2 pint BBQ onions (or use your own homemade or storebought BBQ sauce)
1 1/2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
4 oz mushrooms, sliced
Chopped onion (if none in the sauce)
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
A few handfuls of spinach
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

1. Roll dough onto pizza pan in desired shape. Bake at 400 for 12 minutes until crust is beginning to brown.

2. Remove crust from the oven and spread with sauce. Sprinkle toppings over the sauce, with spinach being last. Cover entire pizza with cheese.

3. Continue baking for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is done. I like to turn the broiler on for a few minutes at the end to really crisp up the crust and the cheese!

Although I have no pictures of the pizza itself, I do have a photo to indicate that this pizza was approved by all necessary parties ...

3 comments:

  1. Obviously it was delicious!! ;)
    Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your site here.
    I love collecting recipes.
    And the pictures are awesome.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Joyful

    ReplyDelete