This delicious chowder came as a result of three things. 1. I got a brand spanking new slowcooker from my MIL for Christmas and I was dying to try it out. 2. I had some cooked sausage leftover from when I made Christmas Morning Casseroles for the FD's family Christmas. And 3. I have a ton of potatoes in the cold cellar!
Sausage and Potato Chowder
4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups beef or chicken stock
1 cup water
1/2 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
2 C milk
1/4 cup flour
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Parsley, for garnish
1. Combine all vegetables in slow cooker. Season with garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Add broth, water and sausage.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until vegetables are tender.
4. Whisk flour into milk, until dissolved. Stir into soup. Add cheese. Stir.
5. Cover and continue cooking on low until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Makes 8-10 servings.
This recipe is being shared at Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, and Tuesday's at the Table. Head over there to see some great recipes and thank the lovely ladies for hosting such great blog carnivals!