Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Homemade Ranch Dressing

A few weeks ago, my friend Jackie posted a recipe for homemade ranch dressing. We're not usually huge ranch people, but I needed to have some veggies and dip ready to go so I decided to whip it up the very same day she posted it to use as a dip. Oh my goodness. Remember when I said we aren't ranch people? Well, I've made this ranch dressing four times since she posted it. That means I have basically had it in the fridge at all times since that first day. It is that good. I will never ever go back to store bought ranch. The best part is that it uses all ingredients that I always have on hand so it can be made in a pinch.

Homemade Ranch Dressing - from Jackie
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon cilantro (I use frozen, minced cilantro)
1 teaspoon minced oregano (dried)
1 tablespoon minced onion (I use dried)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (fresh)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 1/2 cups low fat mayonnaise

Combine the buttermilk and all dry ingredients, whisking until combined.

Add the mayo and whisk until smooth.

Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Dressing keeps for about a week. I dare you to try to make it last that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment