What happens when you try to make a cake that looks like this...
But it ends up looking like this...
You commission your mother's help and you make these, of course.
Ghost Cake Balls - all thanks to the amazing Bakerella
1/2 package white cake mix, baked
1/2 can creamy whipped white frosting
1-2 bags white chocolate chips
Semi-sweet, or dark, chocolate chips for eyes
(You can obviously double this, using a whole cake mix and whole can of frosting. I just halved it because the original cake that I baked only used half the batter).
1. Bake cake and wait until it is completely cooled. Crumble the cake into a large mixing bowl.
2. Spoon frosting into bowl and mix well.
3. Form into small balls. Using half a cake mix you should get about 25. Using a full cake, you should get about 50. I think I had exactly 25 ... and I may or may not have snacked a wee bit along the way.
4. Chill balls for several hours. I put mine in the freezer for about 2-3 hours and they were perfect.
5. Melt chocolate in a small bowl. Only melt a little bit at a time so it's easy to work with. Coat cake balls in chocolate and use a spoon to knock off the excess chocolate. Sorry, no pictures here, things got a little messy. Place two chocolate chips on each ghost for eyes. Chill for several hours more until chocolate is hardened.
Beware, they are frightfully delicious!